Sunday, March 05, 2006



OK, not the best photos, but you get the idea. This is my first quilt, which I finished piecing last year, and the top measures 71"x53". I'm going to do the quilting by hand after my next jewelry show in April. Yeah, not fancy or difficult, and in places even quite sloppy, but I loved the colors of reds, pinks, orange and yellows together, and you know how much I love making things. I plan to do more quilts in future, but I want to make more free-form art-quilt designs. The Dallas quilt show is in 2 weeks at the Market Hall on Stemmons. That should be fun, if you like that sort of thing. It's always amazing to see the elaborate art quilts, and all the handwork. It's a gorgeous tradition.

3 comments:

Nimbostratusdweller said...

Wow, I didn't know you were a quilter, too! All hand did?
I have seen some of your jewelry, such a creative lady,. So glad to see this, and hope to aee more pics. Love, Sherry

Maven said...

Yanno... I crochet. Wouldn't it be fun to make something for someone else, and have them make something for you? Say there's a theme, or a color... I think it would be a wonderful thing.

Just a thought! I'm working on two blankets right now; one a larger afghan for my niece, and one baby blanket (both using granny squares) for a co-worker's baby (yet to be born).

I find the imperfections that you and I see in our own work to be the very things that make it unique.

Fabulous colors!

phlegmfatale said...

Wow, thanks, Sherry. I sewed it together on machine. My plan is to do the quilting by hand, but we'll see

patty - sweet of you to say. Yeah, I like the hot bright color combination - it's sort of the frequency of my personality

nuggetmaven - good idea! I love the idea of a creative exchange, maybe we need to talk about that! I love crochet - I used to do it when I was a kid, but I haven't in years. I love yarns, though, and any kind of fiber arts. It's so earthy and comforting. Thank you for the compliments, everyone!