Thursday, March 01, 2007


Bad breath fog person came into my office today. I feel like I need to squeegee all surfaces as well as my person after he comes for a visit.


OK, it's shitty, but I'm going to say it: Erin, my equestrian friend - is my favorite tenant. I mean, it's shitty to admit a bias, in a way, but, well, she's a fellow hypomanic - how can I not love that? We went to lunch today and had a hoot. At the risk of sounding like a Designer Impostor™ commercial - if you like my wickedly delicious blog, you'll like Erin. Anyway - it's so nice to sit and talk to someone who totally gets my teeny little clusters of neuroses. Anyway, we were talking about our magnetic effect on gay people, and she said her husband calls it her "fagemones." Love it. Her husband is more clever than the average bear.
Sitting at the intersection of North Houston and Wichita streets Wednesday morning, I looked across to the big screen of the channel 8 studios and saw some local guy interviewing Richard Thomas (Johnboy from The Waltons). It freaked me out when I realized that I and my beloved LouLou were in the background of the shot, sitting in the intersection. It totally freaked me out, and as I was driving away, I realized I should have held the fake finger-fone up to my head and mouthed the words "CALL ME." Nah - no one would have noticed.
That was my mid-week brush with fame. You can go back to sleep now.

4 comments:

Tickersoid said...

I think I have the same gay magnetism

Anonymous said...

WE got a new car yesterday, and the guy that sold it to us is in the first half of the "Borat" movie, where Borat is trying to buy a Hummer for $700, some dried meat, and access to his sister (the 2nd best prostitute in Kazakhstan) for two weeks.

I guess we both had brushes with fame.

HollyB said...

Fagomones, queeromones, LMAO. I am definitely using THAT word. Oh, and I was perusing the "Urban Dictionary" link DB had put in Favorites. Found a wonderful word..."homoblivious"...it's the opposite of having "gaydar". Don't you just love it?

FHB said...

Totally homoblivious.