Sunday, February 05, 2006

Last night I dreamt I was in London at a movie theater, and I had a remote control and could chose what I was watching. I didn't realize anyone else was in the room, though, until I heard people behind me groan after I switched channels. Suddenly there was a weird guy with stringy white hair like cornsilk sitting next to me, well, hovering over me would be more accurate. I got up and left and went outside, and I was still in London, but the Thames opened out into an enormous bay like San Francisco, and there was a huge bridge half-finished and stretching out into the middle of the bay, stopping in mid-air. I thought I needed to get to Jamaica, and I heard Bob Marley singing "The sun is shining, the weather is sweet..."

6 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

Actually, it was more odd than bad - I LOVE being in England, so I felt quite comfortable other than the hovering oddity. It does seem like it would be symbolic - an incomplete bridge, remote control, and yes, Jamaica and Marley made it A-OK.

Knight Of The Storms said...

Loads of symbols,
try to find someone to interpret it for you - sounds like an important dream

phlegmfatale said...

It did seem significant, but I don't know anyone who interprets dreams. The bridge, well that IS obvious - I sort of have completion or follow-through issues. I've committed to deliver a lot of jewelry this week, and other than old stock I can take in to the shop, I've only made a few small pieces, and I haven't made any new beads on torch THIS YEAR. That's my interpretation. At least the dream ended with Bob Marley-ness. Can't be all bad.

phlegmfatale said...

I like that interpretation, saba. Yeah, or maybe I DO need to go to Jamaica! Maybe it's both!

Dick said...

You didn't recognize Edgar Winters?
Wow.

phlegmfatale said...

har har har! He's the anti-Marley, dick.