Tuesday, February 07, 2006



I love this groovy shit from
Global Table. I love these melamine trays because - well, I love them because they're them. The glass teapot reminds me of a clear glass pyrex vessel my mom used to cook in in the early 70s when we lived in Memphis. Yeah, my mom was a groovy chick. She wore silver shoes to an awards banquet(in my pop's honor), and I think that warped me for life. Now I've gone her one better in the silver shoes department - my silver platform oxfords have holograms. Yes, hologrammy swirls. They're made in England by Underground - bought them for myself for my birthday about 7 years ago. OK, just begged husband to photograph them for you good folks, and he obligingly said "OK, Elton." He's a good guy. If you saw a wild woman at a Cramps concert wearing these shoes, that was me. Ain't they fabulous??? I RAWK!

3 comments:

SJ said...

Admit it you just want to be Austin Powers :)

.- said...

that pyrex sort looks like abong my ex used to have ....
and I LOVE the shoes
my mom had gold spiked heels when I was little - and I am still drawn to shiny shoes ....

phlegmfatale said...

Nah, I wanna be the love child of Ziggy Stardust and T-Rex, ian!

*LOL* Me ma never did truck with no bongs, velma. Good on our mums for rearing us with the proper sense of awe and possibility for footwear.