Tuesday, June 16, 2009

stormy wetter...


Texas weather has been pretty wild recently. I caught these strange clouds on my phone camera last weekend. It rather looked like an X-Ray of someone's vitals. oooh, scary!
Fortunately, the pups seem bothered not at all by the violent weather. One day last week, 62 monitors at work were fried by a storm-related power outage, and still they found enough to keep everyone working. No rest for the wicked, I suppose. All these clouds and storms have made for some foggy mornings and spectacular sunsets, though. It's been quite lovely.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Just an aside-- I noticed pictures online of the sprung Gitmo detainees splashing about in the ocean-- not exactly the sort of behaviour I'd expect from folks who'd been tortured-- particularly who'd been waterboarded? Curious.
I'm contrasting how they looked with how the US hostages looked when released from the US Embassy in Tehran in 1980. THOSE people looked haggard, beleaguered and bewildered. Seems a stark contrast to me.
Hmm.

6 comments:

HollyB said...

Good point about the poor mis-treated detainees. [I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Remember, it's only torture if WE do it. If the other guys do it it's only "reeducation".

Left Wing Double Standards...

Buck said...

"not exactly the sort of behaviour I'd expect from folks who'd been tortured"

Don't get me started, Phlegmmy. :D

I've been blissfully tuned out on nearly all things political for about three months now. But I DO have me some hot-buttons, tho. Still. Leftards complaining about "torture" being one.

Stranger said...

That brings back memories. It might be a really good idea to Google "wall clouds" and read up on the cause of tornadoes. Fore warned is fore armed.

Jon said...

Mammatus, which are part of a cumulonimbus.(thunderstorm)Strange indeed, but generally mean someone is getting pounded by a really bad thunderstorm.

I've reached the point where the euphemistic term detainee chaps my butt. They were/are terrorists who would have been shot in any other war theater.

Old NFO said...

Good post- stark contrast is a good way to put it...