Thursday, June 25, 2009

Crashing waves of wrongness


Just when you think you can't be shocked...



You see a bag of beef pizzles wot am in the pampered pet aisle at your food emporium. At first I thought they'd just come up with a cluelessly bad name for a new dog treat. Came home and searched zee webs, and whaddaya know if it ain't an aptly named product? Now you can get them in braided pizzle, too. I think I liked it better when I just thought it was a poor choice of catchy words for a dog treat name.


Ew. It's bad enough when your dog eats pig ears or cow hooves - the hooves always give them manure breath. I'm not sure I'm up to finding out what they'd smell like after one of these, but I'm sure they'd love it...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

*blink blink*

eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww!

Bad Google! Bad!

Lord Roby said...

I can still remember giggling like the schoolboy I was when reading Shakespeares Henry IV Part 1.The reason, one of the characters;Falstaff I think, refers to a 'bulls pizzle'.Pizzle is an old English word for penis you know, and bulls pizzles were used as walking or whipping sticks depending on your preference.Do you know of any old American words in a similar vein.

Anonymous said...

Just be glad they're on the pet aisle.

Just a little snarky said...

In the 1990's I remember a company (Sportsman's Guide?) that sold bull pizzles as a cane, it was a novelty item.

Old NFO said...

:-) Gotta love the marketing sense (lack of) on their part... sigh...

Zelda said...

Ew. That is most foul.

Ann diPomazio said...

They are also sold as "Bully Sticks."

jon said...

Of course a dog would love a pizzle. They love anything that smells, or tastes like crotch, crap or chocolate.