Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Sometimes when I'm glazing over at work and it's all too intense, I'll pop up a webcam window and let my mind decompress with a mini-break looking at Old Faithful or Mount St Helens venting spleen. I love seeing the ships rising and lowering in the locks at the Panama canal, and every once in a while you'll see deer in Awanhee meadow at Yosemite. It's also interesting to see how the weather is differing in those other parts of the country.

My favorite webcams:



Yosemite

Panama Canal

Mount St Helens

Grand Canyon

Yellowstone's Old Faithful cam

Trafalgar Square


If you google "webcam dashboard," you'll be amazed at the webcams you'll come up with, most likely including some of your favorite getaway spots. Have a nice trip!

7 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

My favorite webcam is the one at this website, where you can watch a pair of storks raise their brood, from mating, to egg-laying, to incubation and hatching of the chicks, and so on. They even have a microphone set up, too!

Anonymous said...

The Panama Canal was nice. A mini vacation, how nice. I enjoyed mine.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

One of the old guys that hangs out on the submarine bbs I frequent occasionally posts screen shots of one of our boats going through the canal. And another one of the old farts has a webcam in his backyard to watch the birds at his bird feeder.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

What a great idea for a mind break at work. I quite like some of the zoo cams that are available, but never thought to watch them at work. More fuel for my goofing off!

Buck said...

The time-lapse vid of the New Jersey going thru the locks was my fave. Trafalgar warmed the cockles, too. Thanks for that, Phlegmmy!

Lin said...

I so wish our downloads weren't limited. Sort of rules out putting a cam up for you to watch the clouds, coyotes and cowboys, too.

NotClauswitz said...

My favorite is one on Maui. :-)