Thursday, December 13, 2007

I normally wouldn't do this sort of thing(post a joke, particularly one sports-related), but I had to make an exception because this is so deliciously illustrative of the humility and modesty of Dallas Cowboys fans. Then again, as I always say: it ain't braggin' if it's true. Careful not to let any foamy flying spittle sully your lapels, kids.

Brett Favre, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded Packers' flag in the window.

"This house is yours for eternity, Brett," said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here."

Brett felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house.

On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a 3-story mansion with a blue and silver sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flagpole with an enormous Dallas Cowboys' flag, and in every window a Cowboys silver star.

Brett looked at God and said, "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question. I was an all-pro QB, I won 2 Super Bowls, and I even went to the Hall of Fame."

God said, "So what do you want to know, Brett?"

"Well, why does Tony Romo get a better house than me?"

God chuckled and said, "Brett, that's not Tony Romo's house; it's mine."

...and speaking of things sports-- if team names connote bad-assery and sheer staying power, why haven't there been teams named Pigeons, Grackles and Cockroaches? They're the real success stories on our planet, after all...

6 comments:

Attila the Mom said...

Hehehe. I'm gonna send this one to my hubby!

Anonymous said...

Loved this post;)

Unknown said...

Haha! There's another joke that I've heard (and I can't remember it) about Texas Stadium being God's House or having direct access to him.

Zelda said...

...and speaking of things sports-- if team names connote bad-assery and sheer staying power, why haven't there been teams named Pigeons, Grackles and Cockroaches? They're the real success stories on our planet, after all...

Because Pigeons are fat, Cockroaches are disgusting, and no one knows what the hell Grackles are. :-)

Great joke, btw.

Christina RN LMT said...

No team called the Ants?

I mean, you have Bumble Bees, Hornets and Yellow Jackets!

I even bet there are Dragonflies out there, too.

(I doubt there're any Butterflies, though!)

Lin said...

But I have heard of sports Mosquito Divisions. These insects are a true curse upon humanity despite their size so I suppose the name was apt despite the lack of classic up-front fear factor. In my case, it's the buzzards which give me the willies when they hover over head too long so something like the Bentonville Buzzards would do it for me.