Monday, December 31, 2007



(If you are easily offended, or even not-so-easily offended, but offendable, you may not want to watch this video. I'm just saying. Definitely not safe for kids and prolly not safe for work. By the way, this guy is a terrible pole-dancer.)

Had ta post one more video for the year.
Barbara - she of Bad Tempered Zombie fame - posted her five favorite hand-clap songs. Well, this is one of my top five. Gay Bar, by Electric Six (who are coming to Dallas, by the way, but who I'm probably not going to see even though I DO love that singer, who is a total spaz.)

I'm LOVING the irony that in a video chock-full of tasteless lyrics and imagery, they use the sound of a whip-crack to censor out the words in bold in the following lines:

Let's start a war
Start a nuclear war


Wait a minute - a goofy indie band from Detroit might incite a nuclear war, for real?

Um, okay. Whatevs.

6 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I love this! You are absolutely right - terrible pole dancing, but great handclapping!

You rule!

Christina RN LMT said...

I felt like saying, "Sorry Dudes, that's a hamster, you're looking for a gerbil!

Very cute Chinese Crested Hairless Dog!

Matt G said...

I believe, if you watch it very carefully, with an open mind, you, might detect some very subtle allusions to homoeroticism.

Or maybe it's just my dirty mind. ;)

I liked the guitar licks --er-- riffs. But playing an electrick in the bathtub like that is bound to be dangerous, dontcha think? And the humidity will play hell with that wool and satin top hat.

NotClauswitz said...

Oh Abe... It shouldda been FDR with the, "I'm gonna spend all your money" line, and the rubber ducky. ;-)

phlegmfatale said...

barbara - simply the BEST handclapping, imho
christina - wow, you really know your small rodents, dearie! That dawg scares me!

matt - Indeed? Say it ain't so!!!
I thought him playing a wired thingy in the bubble-bath was hilarious. Don't try this at home, kids!
Great comments, matt - made me giggle muchly


dirtcrashr - yup - someone tell 'em they got it wrong. Still it woulda been more awkward jockeying that wheelchair all over the place, and it's already been done so well by the professor in Rocky Horror.

Buck said...

Definitely not safe for kids and prolly not safe for work.

Never before seen in this neck o' the woods, and thankyew!

As for the NSFW status... I'm betting nary an eyebrow would have been raised and more than a few would have applauded, since my last place of employment was in SFO.

Just sayin'...