Wednesday, December 19, 2007


I knew I wasn't up to decorating and preparing all the food for a holiday wing-ding for all my residents this year. Too busy, too much going on.

I promise I wasn't being selfish at all when I scheduled the resident appreciation party at a venue which serves Westmalle Trappist Tripel ale.

But I won't lie to you and say I didn't enjoy the entire exercise. I did manage to resist the prodding to sing a song, so you may rest assured I did not embarrass the tribe. Beyond that, I can't say anything.

Here's to Belgium!

May I be capable of posting again within 24 hours, but I'm not holidaying my breath, either.

7 comments:

Lin said...

What is it about those Trappists anyway? It's like they are some divine foodie cult. Cheese, beer, wine ... all to die for. Under different circumstances, I'd consider joining up just for product.

Kevin said...

Nice! BTW, I was born in Belgium! Favorite beer - Stella Artois - also Belgian...

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

...but was it good?

breda said...

Ooh. I loves me some tripel.

DBA Dude said...

Great beer, the real knack is being able to keep reminding yourself just how many you have had - or trouble will ensue.

Buck said...

MMM-mmm! That picture sure looks good, seeing as how it's just about lunch time here on The High Plains!

While it ain't real Belgian Ale, my favorite brewery makes a danged good Trippel, too.

FHB said...

Apparently those monks really know how to brew.