Saturday, October 20, 2007

I have found waffletopia: Waffle Iron Cafe at 5181 Keller Springs in Dallas right next to the tollway. M-F 6:30- 3:00, Sat 7-3 Sun 8-3

Got there near closing, but I was graciously ushered in by staff, and a wonderful waffle arrived at table in mere moments. Good stuff. I think they must make their batter like the Belgians, as opposed to the eggier version Americans seem to prefer. Yum. They also include other breakfast and lunch/sammy-type stuff on the menu, but I beelined for the waffles, natch. I don't know how it is when it's crowded, but for a brunchy-type thing, I find this to be SOOOOO much better than other breakfast-type non-diner options in the area.

3 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

LOVE waffles with blueberries or strawberries and lots and lots of whipped cream...mmmmmmmm.

Maybe a slight dusting of powdered sugar on top.

g bro said...

"breakfast-type non-diner options in the area": could you be more restrictive in your categories? ;-) G

phlegmfatale said...

christina - Yeah, with fruit - sounds great - I had mine au naturel today, but maybe I'll get the extra fixins when I go back... tomorrow!

g bro - *L* Yeah, we CAN be that restrictive - the DFW area boasts more eateries per capita than any other city in the USA. Several of them are not barbecue or fast food, too.