Saturday, February 26, 2011

okay, so this is about my pretty Praline.

I wish I had a picture or a video, but when I got back home from seeing my parents last weekend, she was on the back of the couch to be as close as possible to me, and she was so excited and wiggle-buttlian that she very nearly levitated. I willingly surrender my heart again and again to such innocent, unbridled exuberance. The boy was nearly as happy, but he's more grounded and not quite so air-worthy as his sleek big Sissy. My pups continually affirm my belief that they are chief among life's greatest rewards.

Who could not love dogs like that? Such good and sweet little puppies, and they love their momma, too.

**********************
Note to people if you're seeking new homes for your dogs: You may have better luck if the photo in your mass email doesn't show your dog sporting his lipstick.

Not to be mean or anything.

8 comments:

Guffaw in AZ said...

They made two arrests yesterday in Phoenix, of pervs using Craigslist to procure dogs to have sex with!
I don't know if said dogs were made-up. EWWW!
Lipstick on dogs? EWWW!

Jon said...

Dogs don't want anything, except an occasional treat and a little (okay, a lot) of attention. They repay these small efforts with tons of love and affection. I think it's more than a fair exchange.

Vinogirl said...

The reason I like bitches :)

Kathleen said...

Oh yeah...doggie joy is a sight to behold. Sometimes the joy requires some paper towels when my big dawg (part-shepard/part dobie) can't control her happiness over the fact that I came baaaack after checking the mail. Can't chastise the girl cuz piddling = love. The mini-Schnauzer goes into an almost Tazmanian Devil frenzy same same. Try getting that kind of response from a cat(the OTHER white meat :-)

Old NFO said...

It's good with 'little' dogs... not so good with 100+lbs of German Shepard... Sigh...

Joseph said...

I have had my dogs act as if I had been weeks exploring the Amazon River when I come home from work. I am surprised that they don't regularly break the laws of physics when I walk in the door.

Auntie J said...

My cats get all excited for about ten seconds if we've been gone a long time...and then they remember that we (gasp) left them, and I get the silent treatment for the next five hours. At least.

Doggies are nice, but there's something about a purring kitty.

Besides, Hubby doesn't want a dog. We just got the kids potty-trained. And the cats were a heck of a lot easier than the kids. :)

J.R.Shirley said...

Puppies. And they don't even have to infect you with a virus for you to love them (unlike cats).