Friday, December 04, 2009

Coolest. Nail. Polish. EVAR.

About 10 years ago I had a matte finish gun-metal gray nail polish which I used until it was no more. Generally, I'll wear red, or sometimes something electric and not-found-in-nature colours, but lately I've been trying to find a proper gray. My favourite reds will be used up entirely, but most of my polish dies a lonely death at the back of the bathroom cabinet, gloppy, gooey and unsung. Sally Hanson had a pearly bluish colour called "gun metal" which Breda and I both wore on the same day almost exactly a year ago-- good taste, that gal. [I'm still squeeing from Tam's comment that we were covered in awesome sauce.]


Anyway, I have found a new polish to excel them all. One to rule and to bind them. er, sorry.


I went to Sally Beauty Supply last night, and even though I'd looked for a proper shark-gray colour recently there, I sighed, thought "what the hey" and looked again. I walked away from the nail polish display disappointed but unsurprised. I picked up a small item and went to the counter anyway and lo and behold, awaiting me at the register was a special display with three matte metallic colours, including this splendid Iron Butterfly by Orly. (better closeups of the product can be seen here at someone's nail polish blog)



Anyhoo, I think it's a seasonal offering and not part of their permanent collection so get it while you can. I may pick up a spare bottle. I'm squeeing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well color me In-A-Gadda-Vida!
Congrats.

B Woodman

HankH said...

Whoa, that's an awesome color - exactly what my 15 year old daughter needs for a stocking stuffer. You da' bomb gurl!

HankH

Old NFO said...

NICE! :-)

NotClauswitz said...

Goes well with the Ruger!

Thomas J Wolfenden said...

And a really sweet Ruger too!

Buck said...

A nail polish blog? Who'd a thunk it? (present company excepted, of course)

I like the pic you posted better, Phlegmmy. MUCH better.