Friday, May 18, 2007

May I quote me?

I went over to the lovely and talented Maven's blog tonight and she had a funny post about ending sentences in prepositions. My comment to her was: Being from Arkansas, ending sentences with a preposition is our raison-d'etre-- it's what we're living for.

...come to think of it - ending sentences with prepositions is more a Southern thing than Arkansas-specific, so I suppose it doesn't matter so much which Southern state you were raised in.

I hope you enjoyed that. I laughed and laughed.

Update - lainy asked in my comments if I ever discussed the crazy-lady-ass-kicking Mom administered 36 years ago. I read Mom that post a few days ago, and she said crazylady just pounced on her and she was yelling at the lady's husband to pull her away - she was pregnant (HORMONAL!) and Mom didn't want to hurt her. She laughed when I got to the part about the big wad of hair springing from her fist - she said "that must have been from when I slammed her head against the car."


Go Mom! You totally rock! You've earned a lifetime of street cred, there. It was a rather ghetto touch, and my mom is so NOT ghetto. *ecstasy*


Anyway, what a splendid-and-yet-utterly-hosed-up week it has been. Isn't it funny when you think it's been 5 straight days of full-moon behavior and just when you've decided everyone you meet is hormonal and ever-so-slightly bat-shit, you realize it's YOU wot is hormonal? Eep!


Not me. Of course, this never happened to me. I'm talking about you, you silly, hormonal creature.


Did I mention I passed the real estate exam first try? They give you 150 minutes and I finished in 42. I thought that couldn't be right, and that surely I smegged it all up, but shore enough, well, I'm still pinching myself.


Anyway, today I'll take the doglet for a kennel-cough treatment and then she's off to a doggie-spa for the next several days while I trip the Ozarks fantastic. It's funny that I know she'll be enjoying herself, etc., but I have anxiety about leaving her with anyone, and I hate being apart from her. Still, I don't need a fresh haul of Arkansas Traveler ticks coming home with us - Yuck, so doggie stays in Texas. Yes, dinner tonight at Bryce's Cafeteria in Texarkana. WOOHOO! One of these days I want to canoe or raft the Buffalo River like Fathairybastard does so much - it looks like a blast. Now, I can hire a gondola with a grape peeler for that, right?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you confused me with attila the mom. Still a great story.

Good for you on passing your exam. Way cool!

It was nice listening to you talk to AD.

Have a great trip to Arkansas where I happen to have lived for the last 4 years. Reminds me a little of the Lone Star state, where I grew up.

phlegmfatale said...

lainy - woops! See how silly I am? Glad you liked it, though. Yeah, I'm so relieved to be through with that portion. I know it's about to become REALLY challenging, but that part was stressful to me, because no amount of charm or tasteful selection of outfit will make the test let you pass.

Glad you enjoyed my goober-ishness.
I'm looking forward to it-- I'm glad Arkansas and Texas are so close together, because they are both home, now.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on passing the real estate exam!! Good luck in your next endeavor!

PS: That tick twister thing... how enterprising!

Zelda said...

I loved that story about your mom. I'm trying to do a post about storytellers especially the Southern variety and I want to link it. If it gels, I'll let you know.

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Yeah...congrats...you must be sharp! Gettin' done that soon probably made a lot of others feel really dumb!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Well done, you! COngrats on the passing!

Flo said...

I'm so relieved to hear it's YOU that's hormonal!

And congrats on the exam, you rock, too!

Attila the Mom said...

Woohoo on the exam!

Your mom cracks me up. LOL