Monday, July 26, 2010

Nrrd Grrl 101



So since I moved away from Dallas, I've been running with a nefarious crowd who play Dungeons & Dragons and now Munchkin. I don't spend all my free time thinking about these role-playing games, by any means, but I have found something I just LURRRVE about them which is right up my alley: accessorizing.




Just one year into playing, I have a dice collection that would probably make a geeky little boy slobber, and maybe some geeky men, as well. Saturday I picked up a sublime set of Skully dice from Q-workshop. Mine are black etched numbers on ivory colored resin, but this'll have to do as an example. LOVE. IT.




Naturally, as soon as I got my new dice home from the geekatorium, I hopped onto the website for Q-workshop and found they have sublime sets of very elegant steampunk dice, as well as another set I simply MUST have-- the Deadlands set with cards and revolvers emblazoned thereon.




Fabulous! Check 'em out!

6 comments:

Old NFO said...

Nice!!! :-)

Captain Tightpants said...

Very nice! I've recently been able to return to gaming after a decade's hiatus, may have to shop for some of these...

breda said...

that was one of the things I loved about gaming! I obsessed over getting the girliest dice I could find but ended up with far more dice than I could ever need.

Roscoe said...

If you want real geek points, various dice simulations exist in the iTunes store for the iPhone. The accelerometer allows "shaking" to roll the die combinations.

Though, after spending most of the last 10 years trying to coax "real" random numbers out of all kinds of computers (and fixing others' failed attempts to do the same), I'd suggest sticking to analog.

On a Wing and a Whim said...

No such thing as too many dice!

You just... need new dice with better mojo for your rolls. Really. Uh-huh. And when you get a crown royal bag to carry all of them... well, that's just geek tradition.

Eseell said...

I loves me some fancy dice, but I lean toward bones that can be read at a glance for actual play.