Thursday, March 13, 2008

Just got home from seeing X at House of Blues. Funny, I feel like I was just there a week ago. The band I saw a couple months back called The Knitters has two common members with X in John Doe and Exene Cervenka. They look young and happy when they're singing. Fun banter, too.
Great show, really tight playing, loved it.

My friend Tracy is an Olympic-class whistler, and I have to holler to put enough pressure on my eardrums to counteract the damaging effects of her bowel-jarring whistle that sets somewhere around the Q-flat above the C above High C. Not pretty.

I guess I'm learning that things aren't like the old days when bands like X played large clubs and such. They actually started on time, which meant they began their set before I dropped my chariot off at valet parking. Whoopsy daisy. Come to that, there were never valet parking in the old days.

After the show, Tracy and I talked in front of HOB. She was in a pair of eye-popping leather chaps standing next to her orange Harley. Uh. Dayum. We vowed to go to more concerts together in future. She says she must give me a ride on her scooter in future. I laughingly agree, but secretly think I own no scooter-compatible apparel.

Anyway, nice show, and at the risk of sounding old-fartsome, nice to get home before midnight.

3 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

I could have gotten two free tickets to see Toni Braxton perform tonight, but I'd rather stick an ice pick in my ear.

Glad you had a good time, old-timer (home before midnight? Tsk-tsk!)

Thud said...

As an early adopter Ramones fanatic I kind of liked x too.

phlegmfatale said...

christina - I know what you mean - someone tried to give me Barry Manilow tix last month, and I found it utterly resistible.

thud - you're so cool!