Saturday, March 29, 2008

Have you seen the new $5.00 bills? Did you ever notice the teeny tiny FIVE DOLLARS printed in each of the teardrop shapes along the border? (click on the detail photo and I think it'll pop up big enough for you to read. Anyway, what surprises me about this new series of bill is that the series number is 2006, and yet here we are well into 2008.

Anyhoo, I think the new fives are really nice, and the extra color gives Abe a little extra oomph, even if it does look like it was washed in a pair of jeans with a shopping list printed in red ink.

I'll probably send this little baby on its way when I go with Holly and JPG to buy my carry belt and holster today.
Good times.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always learn something coming by here.

Dick

Thud said...

Everytime I land in America I get a little thrill from loading up on dollars...the money of a youth spent watching american films...after all this time even the dollar with all that is good in America.

Buck said...

Did you ever notice the teeny tiny FIVE DOLLARS printed in each of the teardrop shapes along the border?

Even more amazing is each one of those teeny tiny "five dollars" is engraved by hand and in reverse on the dies. There's some skill for ya...

FatQuarterQuiltFarm said...

OOOOOH I wanna see what cha git!!!!

Christina RN LMT said...

This is funny! I just got one of those as part of a tip today, and at first I thought it was fake, 'cause I saw the big, pink number 5 on the back of the bill. I thought, "WTF?!"
And I checked to see if it was 2008, but you're right, it says 2006.
What a coinkydink.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

After a week of using your money, I am finally learning to tell the denominations apart without relying on background colour like I do with ours.

Anonymous said...

They are easier to spot. Love 'em.

Happy shooting.

phlegmfatale said...

Dick - How do you fit all the other information in with your vast body of knowledge?

thud - Just hearing the word "Euro" makes me proud of our dollar, regardless the relative value.

buck - Indeed, the engraving on money always has amazed me.

schnoobie - I'll try to post a pic of my belt.

christina - I know what you mean - that cough-syrup colored 5 makes it look totally fake!

barbara - I knew you could do it!

lainy - yeah, they are distinctive.