Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Want. One. The Washlet by Toto

I always went to a sushi bar in Dallas that had a high-tech terlit seat that had instructions in kanji/katakana/hiragana, and the little figures on the push-buttons had been worn out. I never tried to push them, because it struck me as grody to push a button where someone may have pushed it after messing with their fiddly bits.

*ahem*

Anyway, I'm not wishing I'd tried it then and I'm not saying my butt is dirty or that I'd find any pervy pleasure out of having one, but I'll tell you one thing: if Ed McMahon ever comes a'knockin', the very first thing I'll do is grab my bonnet and right right out and pick me up one of those Toto Washlets.

It's funny the way a lot of folks think Americans are obsessed with their own nethers, but I think we're not a stitch on Japanese.

8 comments:

Farmmom said...

I just want the heated seat!

George said...

Uh, you couldn't insulate said digit with paper to push said buttons? (just wondering, not picturing)

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Evidently those push buttons has been well used by somebody. Perhaps just the bottom-washing curious?

Miz Minka said...

Mr. Greenthumb's comment: "The idea is that no one needs to touch their fiddly bits anymore..." So it's not really grody. Hahaha!!

ViolentIndifference said...

The rinse cycle is great. The tumble dry? Notsomuch.

Old NFO said...

That's the cheap one, the GOOD one washes, waxes and blow drys... all for $850 LOL

Barbara said...

This is a Japanese bidet and not only the Americans and Japanese think it'd be cool to be super clean all the time, but Europeans as well. Me, too.

Maven said...

Iffin' when I ever do a total bathroom gut-and-redo, I hope to get one of these bad boys.