Thursday, December 02, 2010

something nice to say, day 1.

I marvel how this year has passed. I will forgive myself if I fail or drop the ball on this, but I'm going try to take a minute every day this month to observe something nice about people who are precious to me, and the ways they have helped my life, starting with where I started, my Mom and Dad.

My parents never tried to shame me by fretting over what the neighbors/extended family/town gossip mill would think of me or something I've done. I think they don't even consider that, since they have functional moral compasses of their own. Thanks to Mom and Pop for imbuing me with the ability to go my own way and not hold myself up to someone else's (lower) standards.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

And the confidence in yourself! :-)

Barbara Bruederlin said...

What a lovely way to pay tribute to people who have made a difference to you. Your parents did well!