Thursday, December 09, 2010

either this is brilliant...


...or it's a yonder-comes-a-sucker moment, but I'm in love with my new wiper blades. I don't think I've put new wiper blades on LouLou for these 123,000+ miles since 2005, and it was clearly time. There was much pitiful squeaking and the rubber on the one on the back plumb gave up the ghost. Turns out I have to go to a Hyundai dealer for the back one, but I picked up the ones for the front at a parts store and I actually squeed when I saw how well they worked. They were about 8 and 7 bucks more than the lower-end ones, and maybe I've never had really boss wiper blades before, but these are amazing. Well, I liked them with just the wiper fluid, anyway. They hug the windshield better that the boobs on that chick in Cool Hand Luke, and now I'm almost ready for winter. Still have to go by the Hyundai dealership for that blade for the back.

4 comments:

Rabbit said...

You mean Auto Zone doesn't carry it? I've had great luck with those Rain-X blades and Bosch premiums as well. I'm also a huge fan of the Rain-X windshield slicky-stuff.

Bradley said...

while the rain-x wash and original stuff works great. I have tons of problems with the Latitude whippers, they are nice at low speed, but at anything over ~65mph they start to lift off the windscreen, and are no good at all above 85mph, speeds i often see here in Germany.

I also find that they start to smear quickly.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

They'd also be less distracting whilst driving than those Cool Hand Luke blonde boobs.

Old NFO said...

Don't drive fast with em, they will start to flutter, and yes the DO streak more! Get a bottle of ammonia and clean them monthly, and put GOOD windshield washer fluid in the tank.