Friday, September 12, 2008

Okay, I needs must be cryptic, but I know y'all are real smart and can figure out the riddle here.


Today, I'm going to meet the person who created a famous wall plaque of a certain aquatic creature wot sings songs of lament and irony as said creature flails futilely on said plaque.


I have friends who have performed solo recitals in Carnegie Hall and concert halls all over the world. I have a friend who has been nominated for multiple Grammys. With all these famous, sexy people, I'm cool. But I admit I'm a little starstruck about meeting this inventor person.


I think this is where I earn my hillbilly bona fides!

7 comments:

Turk Turon said...

Go git yer rubesoisie freak on!

jcat said...

has to be a bass!

Catmoves said...

Some years back, a friend got two of those monstrosities as Christmas presents. I decided that the people who gave them to him really weren't his friends and offered to take them with my shotgun. I think that motivated him to keep the batteries out of them.

Christina RN LMT said...

Now keep it together, Phlegmmy!

You know you can do it.

Make sure to rub your hands on your pants/skirt so they're dry when it comes time to shake hands!

Home on the Range said...

Being an outdoorsy kind of person I too have received that most repellent of fishing gifts - Billy the Singing Bass and his progeny.

When I got two one year, never was I so close to buying that second AR15.

Over half of the people that fish that I know got one for Christmas or a Birthday.

If that’s not concrete proof of the impending apocalypse, just wait until the four horseman arrive riding singing fish.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I never really considered that someone actually had to think those things into existence. I'm completely flummoxed now.

Meg said...

And how was it? Is the fish fixed? Did you take a picture of the inventor? You know, they sold those over here, too.