Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Next to fall under the careful eye of my gripping new
SHOPPING FOR OTHERS
series is our own darling shooty, erudite and allaround fabulous librarian (naughty or otherwise) Breda.





Zera

Max Studio whipped up this dark confection of a calf leather-wrapped hidden platform pump beautifully balanced on a 4" heel. As if that weren't enough, it's a Mary Jane.
Me OW! Ah- ah-ah-ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo!!!!

[down, phlegmmy. Breathe. Breathe.]

And we're calm again.

Now, I'm going to go out on a limb here *ahem* and say that even if Breda didn't soil herself at the thought of paying $160-ish on these shoes, it's a safe bet she wouldn't spring for the $10,000-ish she'd have to lay out (minimum) for the spare leg with the foot that would fit these, so, in an act of pure generosity and altruism, I have purchased these little deadlies for myself and do solemnly swear to think of Breda every time I wear them.
What can I say? I'm a giver.

Call them my birfday shoes, 2 weeks early. How often does one find such high, spiky heels that actually manage to be muy comfortable and easy to walk in? Not very. I'll just try not to step on any puppies when I wear them. I'll prolly save them for when I'm going to super-nice events this winter when I want to wear shoes a little wild but that don't look already luvved-to-death.

By the way, these little dreamlings are sold out nearly everywhere excepting DSW thingie. The brown version is a very dark brown, but I held out for the black.

12 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

I think we've had this discussion before...OW!

Maybe in a year I'll be able to wear high heels again. Maybe.

They are definitely HOTT, though!

And it's so kind and self-sacrificing of you to buy them for Breda's sake...*snicker*.

I lurve you, Phlegmmy! But probably not as much as you lurve these shoes. ;)

Thud said...

My daughter Princess OTW is now 15 months old and is showing what I consider an unhealthy interest in shoes...God help me.

breda said...

you'd better post pictures of your smokin' hot self wearing those! =)

Anonymous said...

Boy, you are so great to your friends!! ;)

Hot shoes for hot women!!

FatQuarterQuiltFarm said...

Uh yeaah what was I saying earlier bout a certain t-shirt?? I too was searching the (bargain!) onlinespots for mary janes last night...saw a couple different Fluevogs on sale ..thought of you natch..check out 6pm.com for all your AFFORDABLE shoe options... Them there you gots outta be outlawd ; theys smokin hawt!

FHB said...

Those things have a kinda, "spank me", kinda thing goin' on. Or am I just a perv?

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Those are fabulous. My ankle just broke looking at them, but they are fabulous.

Sigboy said...

At the risk of sounding like Barney: Breda is a naughty librarian with only one leg? How cool is that?

Anonymous said...

How do I get to your blog homepage from here? I can't see any link.

Unknown said...

They are nice to look at -- I can't wear heels that thin!

the pawnbroker said...

edit in the interest of accuracy:

"my gripping new
SHOPPING FOR OTHERS series"
to:
"my gripping new
WEARING FOR OTHERS series"

me next! um, i like spiky, strappy, black of course...and modeled, please.

jtc

Detail Medic said...

Please set aside a day to wear these for me... Holy shit if I didn't wear combat boots for a living I would SO buy these. You can shop for my anytime. I just can't justify spending the money anymore!!