I've seen this used in a couple of high-end homes, specifically in the attic in the eaves. In one house, I went into the attic- no central a/c running at the time, mind you, and it was eerily comfortable, even though the outside temperature was around 105 at 4 in the afternoon. Before using it, I'd want all that plumbing pressure or leak tested. If the wiring was in conduit, I wouldn't have too much of a concern about it, though. Regards,Rabbit.
@Rabbit,I'm with you on the electrical wiring in conduit, but that is seldom done here due to cost.
The nightmare is in if the home catches on fire. Unless things have changed mightily since I was in a volunteer fire department, chemical foam insulation produces lethal fumes in about 20 seconds when it burns.Elsewhere PhD
That's absolutely the most fun I've ever had watching an infomercial for insulation products. ... And I had the same thought when they started spraying around the wiring. It'd mean I could stop worrying about mice chewing on the wires, though.
If your plumbing doesn't leak before, I doubt it would ever leak after. Even then, worse comes to worse, piping could be added. The same goes for wiring. The money saved on HVAC would buy a lot of repairs.
The new stuff is flame resistant and non-toxic.You can eat it.Ummm, I hear...
Oh, boy, chemical cotton candy!
An absolute no no to anybody with any knowledge of construction.
Post a Comment