Friday, March 12, 2010

commutin.


Here's one of those glorious Texas skies. I snapped this with my phone from a very sunny spot on my way to work Wednesday-- see how the white fence gleams? In the distance was about to come a turd-floater. Sorry about the ghostly images of paper and bandaids on the dashboard flapping in the wind like the Lord's Very Own Bill Basket. Anyway, it's magnificent how the sky here can go from cloudless, crystalline sparkling to that deep, federal blue in what seems like no time at all. Next thing you know, there's little iceballs everywhere and your chariot is garlanded with great ropey rafts of dimples. The weather here can be so violent.
I love it.
On to other matters. In comments yesterday, someone asked if my boss still gets gifts from Edward. She does. She may have figured out it's me by my abysmal handwriting. I'd almost feel guilty if she blamed that mess on anyone else. Then again-- Edward's a busy guy, and while he does have an appreciation for aesthetics, he's too busy to refine a better hand. Every once in a while, I'll see a gift Edward left on her desk and say "ooh, what's that?" and she'll babble excitedly about it. Edward gave her some Belgian chocolate bath powder recently and once she got exotic treats he picked up from a market in Tokyo. He gets around, Edward does. I think it's such a fun lark that even if she does know, it would almost spoil it to let the cat out of the bag. We may winnow this out for years, at this rate.

5 comments:

FatQuarterQuiltFarm said...

Having that much fun at the workplace is HUGE! What a difference it makes when co-workers are actually open to someone who loves to spread joy through random acts of kindness ... and wierdness.....!
Speaking of...I gave my 2 weeks this past Monday.Starting seasonal gig at end of month till June.. then.. well stay tuned..! woohoo!

Crucis said...

Chocolate bath powder?!

The envisions lounging in a giant chocolate shake.

Sticky.

Christina RN LMT said...

You. Are. Awesome.

As I hope you are well aware!

Old NFO said...

LOL- enjoy the run! May it last foryears!

JohnMXL said...

I love living in an area with changeable weather. I lived in the San Diego CA area for about a year and quickly got tired of the lack of seasons. Where we used to live in central TX and where we are now in western IA the Spring and Summmer give us AWESOME thunderstorms and Fall gives us beautiful colors. The monotony of this past Winter kinda reminded me of the days in southern CA.


Thanks for the occasional glimpses of Texas - I loved it there but SWMBO has made it clear that if I move there she'll see enough of it when I send picture postcards with the alimony checks.