Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I want to say a hearty thank you to all of you who came by Tuesday to commiserate the loss of my beloved doglet. Thank you, personally, every one of you who came by whether or not you commented. Thank you for sharing your memories and experiences and warm wishes. Making the call to end her suffering was the most anguished decision of my life, but your kind words and sympathy helped ease my grief. One day I'll have another dog, and I'll treasure every moment, and savor the memories of Valentine as I do so. I'll also cherish the kind encouragement you've shown. Thanks again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that Doglet knew it was his time and has moved on because there is another little doglet out there that is in desparate need of a loving home. He has made room for his successor.

Attila the Mom said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry for your loss. :-(

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

So sorry for your loss...just reading today. Nothing hurts much more than losing a dog.

Jean said...

I'm very late with this but I wanted to offer my condolences.
I guarantee that Doglet never doubted for one second how much you loved her.
May your heart heal by remembering all the years of wonderful, loving memories.

FatQuarterQuiltFarm said...

So very sorry Phlemmy!!! I have been there done that for both cats and dogs in my life and its a heartbreaker. Hang in there!!

Home on the Range said...

I hated to hear that. Lin let me know and I then saw it here, figured you didn't want to talk on the phone about it.

Tonights blog post is dedicated to you. . And doglet.

Hang in there kiddo, if you need to get away for a day or two, the light up here is on.