Saturday, May 03, 2008


Well, the new computer is here and put together, but it doesn't have the wireless thingie (Dell Vostro for networks, I spose?) and I need to get a router to hook into the free wifi in the neighborhood here. Maybe tomorrow I can get hold one of those.


My computer is the coolest, though. It's really cute, and I love the monitor.
************************
The doglet has made a brilliant recovery since her initial tumble down the stairs Monday night. Now she goes leaping up them like a gazelle with that little soundtrack effect *plink! plink* like Pepe La Pew gamboling through the daisies. She seems to have a rhythm with it and she looks suspended midair sometimes. It's really cute. She's loving walking the beat in the apartment, too, I think, and pacing, keeping an eye on things. Even though she's a power napper, she likes to stay busy when she's awake.
Unpacking. *ugh* Saturday should be a good day to get a lot accomplished, but we'll see. It'll be great to have some more boxes cleared away and be able to get into the fridge or the pantry without scooching aside a tower of crates.
*****************
Something cool I noticed last night on Blogger - if you pre-load your posts (I generally post late at night for the following day), blogger will not throw the post up until the date and time you specify in "post options." Nifty, eh? I think so.
SOrry I'm such a dullard lately. Kind of wiped out. I'll bounce back, though. Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Free wifi? I'm jealous. Does the city provide it? There has been talk for a couple of years of Houston doing that. But I'll probably be in the box before they get to my neighborhood.

Christina RN LMT said...

Yes, you will bounce back, once you've had a chance to recover from the horrors of moving.
I love that doglet is patrolling, she's protecting you and the homestead...too cute!
The computer is very cool. I think I'm headed in the direction of a laptop, though. I'm going to need one once I really ramp-up my college-attending!

HollyB said...

And with the wireless keyboard and mouse you can kick back and prop your feets on the desk and type in comfort.
I'd love to bring Tipper down to gambol with Doglet. They could stroll and "check their messages" together. Then we could take them for a ride with the top down. Let their ears get blown back in the canyons of Downtown.
Urban Coyotes Rule!

SpeakerTweaker said...

Well, have yourself a good weekend there, Miss Phlegmmy.

You can acquire a Linksys Wireless G router for around $50 at most anywhere. They're easy to get up and running and reliable for small (home-type) networking.

Take care!



tweaker

Barbara Bruederlin said...

I love the stand on the monitor. It's retro futuristic.

Glad to hear you are settling in. Those boxes will eventually be unpacked (except of course for those inevitable ones that will remain with the seal unbroken 10 years from now).

Rabbit said...

Wooo...
I was expecting it to be a notebook. Nice monitor.

I'm running a Netgear wireless N class router and attendant wireless cards here at Swamp Manor. I pooh-pooh on puny 54mb speeds with my omnipotent 300mb wireless throughput and Gigabit wired Ethernet.

Fry's has it. Probably Micro Center, too. Not horribly priced, either. In fact, I picked up a Gigabit adapter for one of my Linux systems at Micro Center last night on the way home.

Regards,
Rabbit.

g bro said...

Ooooooh, pretty! I can't wait to get a new one ... in 2012?

Sorry the doglet took a tumble. Any injury besides her dignity?

FatQuarterQuiltFarm said...

Happy weekend to you too!!If it makes you feel any better, I'll be working the whole of it too..BTW you don't have to unpack the boxes of fabric ....just send em up here! Haw!

Anonymous said...

oooooooooh!!! Pretty new toy, Phlegmmy!