Thursday, December 28, 2006

A while back, Sudiegirl tagged me on a Meme, but I couldn't find it in her archives, so I think I remember what it was - something like tell 6 strange things about myself.

1. I have great manual dexterity and I'm a fast typist and good at needlework and any delicate things with my sensitive little hands, but I detest the little static shocks you get when you touch doorknobs in the winter - it really hurts my fingers - so I always touch knobs with my forearm first and then slide down to my hands to get a grip and open the door. I realize this must look terribly neurotic, but the pain-- yeowch!

2. I'm not superstitious. At all. I think people who turn around if a black cat crosses the road in front of them should be dropped off the nearest tall building. Life is too short to waste time on that kind of B/S.

3. I'm a kook-magnet. I take people at face-value and I don't judge them, because I figure with my eccentricities and off-beat sensibility, I ought to understand that others are similarly disinclined to march in lock-step with the rest of society. Husband says I'm the most non-judgmental person he's ever met. As a result, I've always sorta trailed a string of oddballs in my wake - the more colorful, the merrier. As long as it is not unkind or dangerous, I admire outrageousness, and often practice same myself.

4. I don't like pizza. Most pizza, anyway. Olympic pizza used to make a Greek pizza I liked - no tomato sauce.

5. I have always hated peanut butter and jelly sandwiches - I think this is a texture thing, although I can stand peanut butter and bread together if there are bananas present.

6. I put my alarm clock on the other side of the room because if I have easy access to it, I won't ever awaken fully and I'll hit the snooze button 30 or 40 times.

Yeah, maybe this stuff is strange. Maybe it's just a little boring. I'm not naming anyone in particular - if you want to do this meme -consider yourself tagged.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it'd be easier for me to list 6 'normal' things about myself! BWA HA HA HA!! Speaking of being tagged, by the way, I have been doing a project with pictures from other people's posts on my blog. I think you will dig it.

phlegmfatale said...

*L* They say the only normal people are the ones you don't know very well. I liked your fun with photos over on your blog - very clever!

Just Another Old Geezer said...

I'm with you on the p butter, jelly and nanners. Jelly goes on toast. With butter. Not mixed with p butter. By the way, do you prefer the nanners sliced or smashed in with the p butter?

Anonymous said...

I understand the clock thing. My wife will hit it 10 times waking me up every 8 minutes. I'll ask "why not just set it an hour later?" Then I get in trouble for not valuing her eccentricities.

phlegmfatale said...

myron - Great minds... I prefer my nanners sliced - I prefer when they put up more of a fight than mashed nanners. Which do you prefer?

hammer - *L* Fortunately, I keep later hours than him anyway, so he's often gone by the time mine starts wailing.

Tickersoid said...

The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.

I've been comming to that conclusion recently. Maybe not always true, but most often.

phlegmfatale said...

tickers - wow - I was just saying that normal thing over on someone else's blog earlier today. Funny. Yup, very true. In fact, some of the most placid, normal-seeming people you meet might be some of the most messed-up.

g bro - hyuk! hyuk!

Anonymous said...

I thought you were going to list six strange things about you... like you eat sardines-and-jam toasts.... I don't like P&J because I lay both on thick and the P always pops out of the bread when I bite in and bleed all over. Don't you practice purple witchcraft or maybe dance naked with only beaded necklaces under full moon or something?

Anonymous said...

Don't like pizza? Sacrelig!

I wish I could hit the snooze button 30 or 40 times. Unfortunately I get up at the crack of dawns ass and don't need one!

Anonymous said...

I've got news for you: if you don't like pizza, you're the kook.

But I still love reading you.

Anonymous said...

You're right, I believe...I did tag you on a meme, but I'm not sure what it was.

I'll look it up and send you the link...

Just Another Old Geezer said...

phleghmmy, I like my nanners smashed. I have a thing about food being totally submissive. But if someone else is doing the p butter smearing, I'll eat what they hand me. Around here we have a long standing rule. You don't like how it's prepared? Do it your self then. Tends to hold down the complaints at meal time LOL

Becky said...

You just mentioned my "crack pizza" here in Seattle -- Olympia Pizza makes it Greek style and without the sauce. I love, love, love it!

I don't eat P&J sandwiches either, but mostly b/c I dont' like the P or the J.

Anonymous said...

The only strange thing I read there was the elbow door nob opening thing. The mental image of that cracks me up. As far as you hating the "texture" of PB&J, I can't abide coconut on anything, because of the texture of it in my mouth. HATE it. And I've done the same thing with the alarm, for the same reason.