Friday, December 08, 2006

Well, crap.

I messed around and didn't get tickets to see Thomas Dolby at the Granada Theater tonight. I went online and looked, sorta thinking they wouldn't sell out, and I'd finally decided that yeah, I DO want to see this show.

It was the 6th, not the 8th. I don't know if I mis-read and thought today would be the 6th, or if I thought the show was on the 8th. All I know is that I had my chops all set for going to this show on Friday night.

Oh well. He's playing Houston tonight and I'm SO not driving down there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How does one "set ones chops"?
Just asking.
Sorry you missed it; must have been "written".

phlegmfatale said...

Well, goatman, I don't know if anyone else on earth uses the expression, but in my family when one's appetite for something has been whetted, we say their chops are all set for it. I suppose by "chops" we mean teeth. In any case, we mean in a state of rapt anticipation. Yup, clearly, it was not for me this time. Maybe next.

Becky said...

Sounds like when my friend and I decided to see The Rolling STones a couple of months ago, only we'd show up one or two songs in and get really cheap scalper tickets. When we got there, the show started at 6 p.m., not the normal 8 p.m. Grr....

Anonymous said...

You should go to merujo.blogspot.com; the writer of this blog is actually a good bud of Thomas Dolby's.

Don't feel bad - I've missed him too when he's played the DC area.