Wednesday, October 06, 2010

...think you're sick of beadboard?






Well, more progress was made, but we're not quite finished. Himself made all this progress today, and I finished painting (most of) the kitchen. I was hoping to get that done by my birthday, but that may not be the most realistic goal. meh. Split the difference, I suppose.






Tonight after work I'm driving down to Dallas to see my folks and siblings and the chillins, and then it's get LouLou's oil changed Thursday morning, a pedicure with Leslie at Nailworks on OakLawn (she's SUPERB!) and then back home to spiff up the place some more so it's nice and tidy for me birfday. Oh, and I have to order my cake. and.. and.. and..






At this point, I'm scaling things down a bit. There was a hiccup due to some pokey-outy bits on the shiplap board ceiling, and we're vexing over that. I came up with some ethnic engineering style solutions, but none were very satisfying. I laughed and laughed at that-- so THIS is how it happens, so this is where people start cutting corners and saying that doing it the slightly shabby way is good enough. I'm ambivalent about this. I have dear company coming Friday night and I'd like to have it done by then, but I think this thing is going to require a creative workaround, and I think getting it all the way completed may be off the table at this point, unless we do the slap-dash routine. We shall see.
oh! wait! I just had an ideer to fix that.






Anyhoo... here's the glorious kitchen, such as it is. Yeah, it's messy. I'll get to that later. At least the paint is mostly done. :) I never claimed to be perfect. I just know what I like. Someday, this will look fabulous. :) Yes, that's my Kilz-coated metal cabinets and sooper-dooper plastic-coated ceiling. (seeing a theme, here?) Is sexy, non? I know: no. Anyhoo, it's all a work in progress, and it's miles and miles ahead of where it was 6 months ago. :)






3 comments:

Old NFO said...

A work in progress is understandable to company... If not, we'll maybe they don't need to be invited back :-P life DOES jump up and bite us on a routine basis, so i wouldn't worry about having it done in less that the best way.

Holly said...

Whatever shape the house is in, I know a grand time will be had by all. I'm really looking forward to seeing y'all [and the puppehs, of course.].

Jennifer said...

We've been living in the eternal remodel for quite some time. There is a lovely new oven wrapped in plastic in my dining room. The new fantastic burner range with the 18,000BTU burner is sitting on the plastic wrapped oven in the dining room.