Tuesday, October 19, 2010

On the subject of shoeses....


Yes, old picture-- and you should see the fabulous sparkly blue-green my toenails are now, but I digress-- but I needed to illustrate the Gladiatrix Space Hooker shoes featured in today's post.


Of late, several older men at work seem to be noticing my shoes more than I would have expected. Leaving work Friday night, one of them remarked to me "what would you do if you had to run for your life in those shoes?" I quipped "I'd have to dig my heels in, stand my ground and just shoot back."


Sitting on my yoga ball Monday in cute top, skirt and these strappy affairs, another fellow kept coming by and remarking on my shoes. He said he sensed the yoga ball was frightened, fearing for its life in proximity to the needlesome little spikes. I said oh no, that ball knew what it was getting into when it came home with me and that it likes my shoes. Is in fact, quivering with delight.
Lucky ball.

8 comments:

Joanna said...

:-(

I had ankle surgery and now I can't wear any kind of high heel whatsoever. Used to be, they were all I wore (which is what drove me to needing surgery in the first place, FML). And now I get all sad and junk when I go shoe shopping.

But: I refuse to wear trainers unless I'm actually, you know, training. I plan to invest in some nice, supportive stompy boots instead.

Christina RN LMT said...

They are teh sexxeh, after all...

Jennifer said...

Very sexy shoes there.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Oh that yoga ball does like to live on the edge.

memory_lucky12 said...

I love shoes like those; they are true works of art! I would love to wear them, if I was able to walk in heels.

Anonymous said...

Oh, lucky ball, indeed.
For more than one reason.

SCI-FI said...

But is that Lucky Ball covered in awesomesauce?

phlegmfatale said...

Joanna - That's why when I wear ridiculous shoes, I'm taking one for the team, baby!

Christina - You gots good taste, baby!

Jennifer - You gots good taste, too!

Barbara - That yoga ball is loving every minute of it.

memory- all it takes is a little practice :)

Anonymous - *blush*

SCI-FI - occasionally.