Saturday, October 16, 2010

Miss Blowfuzzy came a'callin

Little sister came out to visit and spent the night last night. We went for a Friday night walk around quiet little town then came back and drank a couple beers. We lit a fire in the chimenea and chattered nonstop. Was lots and lots of fun. :) This is the first time anyone in my family has seen the Great American Hovel.

I had a much-needed sleep-in this morning for what feels like the first time in weeks.

The good time had by all:

So, the birthday party was absolutely grand. Farm Family came into town on Thursday afternoon and stayed at a little local B&B. I got back from DFW only a short while before they arrived, and the house was pretty much a mess. They and Himself helped me pull it together at the last minute on Friday and what couldn't be finished I resolved to ignore and enjoy myself anyway. FarmGirl appeared in the supporting role of PackAnimal in my last-minute shopping jag to pick up the cake and other foodie bits. The house was kind of a mess for the party, but everyone seemed to see where it's heading, renovation-wise, and all were sweetly complimentary and supportive. There was AEPilotJim and Jennifer and EvylRobot with the comely little Heidi who romped with teh puppehs non-stop, along with FarmFam's Jezzebelle. Then came Alan and Vine and Christina. Tolewyn came and Chris and Daniel and Holly and JPG. FarmMom was a dynamo in the kitchen and Christina and Vine made an impressive pair of kitchen bitches on dish-warshing/drying detail. WOOHOO!

Friday and Saturday were chock-full of lively discussion and a wide swath was buzz-sawed through the oodles of jars of home-pickles that FarmMom brought from the bounty of her garden and kitchen. She makes the best Bread&Butter pickles. EVAR. THen there was the cinnamon pickles. And the hot ones. But the dills were wonderful.

In Dallas Thursday, I bought a four-pack of my favorite (non-Stingray) beer, Maredsous from an Abbey in Belgium. I woke up Saturday morning and realized that I'd only had one of those all night-- so much for pulling a proper drunk. Anyway, it was a grand occasion and I love all my clever, warm and delightful friends. There was lots of animated discussion, lively debate and genuine laughter, and I think pretty much everyone had as good a time as I did. :)

Thanks to everyone for the very thoughtful and clever gifts-- and the best of all presents was everyone's presence. Thanks for coming, you dear, lovely folks, and thanks for making my birthday so lovely and memorable. *HUGS ALL AROUND*

I think I'll go have a pickle now. :)

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

It was wonderful! Thank you for inviting us!

Crucis said...

Happy belated Birthday, Phlem. Glad it was a good one.

Old NFO said...

Glad it went well, and you obviously had plenty of help :-)

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful time. Thank you so much for having me.

Vine

Thud said...

Happy Birthday...save a cinnamon pickle for me!....whatever that may be.

Christina RN LMT said...

Phlegmmy, I had such a wonderful time! You are the best hostess EVAR. :)