Thursday, July 12, 2012

school daze.

I'm really tired.  There's about twice as much reading and more intensive assignments with this Psych course than there was with the Sociology course that ended last week, but I'm generally doing much, much better.  My average so far is a 95.  TONS of reading, though. 

I'm wiped out.  My kitchen looks like the dirty dish elves have been flying frequently, and laundry? Fuhgeddaboutit.  The grass wants cutting, too.  Miss Mochi doesn't like her tummy tickled by grass in the back yard, I've noticed and she doesn't need any excuse to have accidents in the house.

Took the 3 pups for their first walkies together at lunch on Wednesday. Miss Praline found an obliging pile of poop in which to roll, bless her.  She was foul.  She was bathed forthwith.  She hates baths.  I wish she would hate baths more than she loves rolling in poop. ew.  Chuy is his usual cuddly self. Thank goodness for [clean] puppehs.

And I worked about 55 hours each of the last two weeks.  3 days into this work period and I've already got nearly 9 hours of overtime.  Summer is high season where I work, so to not work as much as I feel is necessary would be to give my duty short-shrift, though, so I'll just suck it up and deal. 

Mean time, though, I am SO tired. At least I don't have to work this weekend.  *whew*

All that being said, Sociology and Psych courses, while a necessary evil, make me feel a little melancholic.  I don't like being that reflective and having someone poking me in the chest and saying "this is how it is, all people are like this, blah blah blah." 

I don't think it's like that at all.  It would be better had they said "people tend to be like this or things tend to play out in this manner."

Their way just makes me feel cynical about the possibility of happy outcomes, and if those are not possibilities, then why am I busting my hump over this crap. 

Yay! Psych and Soc courses are almost done-with.  Yay!

More yays!

Just 4 more weeks, really.

Yay.

2 comments:

Rabbit said...

When I did my Psych clinical rotations in nursing school one of the instructors cautioned us that we'd start identifying abnormal behaviors and then recognize those same behaviors in our family members.

She was right.

Old NFO said...

Ouch... but there ARE only so many hours in the day ya know... And when you're working AND going to school, some things just have to take a back seat.