Monday, March 12, 2012

Blissed-out Saturday morning in Dallas


Spent Friday night at my parents' house and drove into Dallas Saturday morning for a hair appointment in Lakewood. Got there early enough that I needed to kill about 30 minutes, so I went to one of my old favorite gardening stores, Walton's Garden Center on Garland Road.

I was very happy already, because the weather was dreary/drippy (my favorite!) and the local classical station was playing Mozart's Don Giovanni (my favorite!) and garden places just do something wonderful for my heart. They had some wonderful pear tree espaliers that were delightful, and they had some trained wisteria trees where the wood had been formed into an umbrella shape. These were about $600, so there was no question of one coming home with me, but it was still lovely to be there.

They also had a great selection of candles from Votivo, and I found and remembered an old favorite, St. Germain-en-Laye Lavender, which is the ultimate rendering of the best parts of lavender (pretty!) and none of the worst (old lady!). I used to burn this candle in my house a long time ago, but I'd quite forgotten about this favorite. Yum. I bought one of these candles and a lovely pencil plant, and I feel ready to tackle getting some flower beds worked up this week while I'm off school and work.

Nice to have unexpectedly restorative moments, innit?
I hope you have a great week. :)

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

All I'll say is I hope your week is going better than mine... sigh