Thursday, December 04, 2008


Um I'll take "Tacky Stuff" for $2000, Alex.
Went over to Oak Cliff to get some Diorama photos a few days back. Went by the Texas Theater on Jefferson Avenue. For those of you who don't know, Texas Theater was where one Lee Harvey was nabbed some 45 years ago. They've redone the sign, which is great - I think it's a lovely theater, actually.
Anyhoo, it's got landmark status, no doubt, and now some arts and theatrical events are being held there.

Anyhoo, apparently on November 22, Oliver Stone's JFK was screened there. I dunno - struck me as a little odd, as in of questionable taste.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Right up there with watching United 93 on an airplane...

Anonymous said...

Just imagine what history would be if LHO had just paid the 50-cent admission on the way in.

Anonymous said...

Guess I like tacky. I really like the art deco buildings.

phlegmfatale said...

Becky - yeah! a trifle unsettling, perhaps.

rickn8or - One boggles.

Myron - Oh, I thought showing that film there was tacky - not the structure. I adore the building itself. If only modern moviehouses were so contemplatively designed and with such fine, durable materials. I'd like to live in one of the old ones, actually.