Saturday, December 06, 2008







Fluevog of the day: Here's one of my oldest pair of 'Vogs still in circulation. Yes, they're gold. Yes, they're pearly. They are Michaels from John Fluevog's Angel series with the Original Angelic Sole, 100% Natural, Biodegradable, Resoleable. Resists alkali, water, acid, fatigue and Satan*. Got these shoes about 13 years ago at a shop in Austin. I have these same shoes in black/burgundy and brown/forest, but the pearly gold ones have a special place in my heart.

Step righteous over here, brothers and sisters.

OMG! Just remembered. Looking at these shoes, I was thinking I wore them to England once. I sprained my ankle in them while I was there. (*I recommend these for everything but cobblestones after too long at the pub) I was also wearing these when approached by a Cockney foot fetishist and I really can't tell that story in print because you've just got to hear the accent to really appreciate it.

No one seemed to want me to get a clear picture of these shoes, for some reason. Praline didn't want me to get a clear shot, and yes, the buttress flying through the other photo is Chu-man fu, who's going to get his 15 week shots today. What's really cool is one of the techs at my vet's office rescued a little female who was Chuy's littermate, so when I take him in, they get to romp a bit. She's a very cute girl, but, of course, I got the real gem from that litter.
Have a great Saturday!

14 comments:

HollyB said...

LURVE those 'vogs! WANT!

phlegmfatale said...

HollyB - yeah, you should ahve gotten yourself a pair of that limited edition run of these a year ago when they did them in pink and purple. I'll bet the sold out within a month. Very comfy shoes, these are.

Christina RN LMT said...

Very snazzy shoes.

I love the "buttress"...but is it a flying one?

Have a great weekend, m'dear!

phlegmfatale said...

Christina - Yeah, I thought they wuz snazzy, too! For the record, all the buttresses in this house be of the flying variety. We're excitable creatures.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Dogs and shoes - does it get any better than that? And they look like very comfy ones too (both the shoes and the dogs).

Vinogirl said...

Too funny...love the English connection :)

phlegmfatale said...

Barbara - Dogs and 'Vogs - a natural combination. Just don't leave them unsupervised. They are comfy, and the dogs make nice little lap warmers for naptime. :)

Vinogirl - Made you home sick for cobblestones and Cocky Cockney Foot Fanciers, did it? :P You're prolly better off there in wine country!

Vinogirl said...

Just England in general...I'm sure you get the difference between the Cockney and Scouse accent. Don't need cobblestones to twist my ankle...V2 took care of that for me when I got home from a co-workers Xmas party tonight.

Vinogirl said...

P.S. puppy-girl sooooo cute :)

DBA Dude said...

Look no heels! Only way you could a cobbles related accident in those would be if the user had been indulging in the grog like Nanny Ogg with a thirst on!

Ann diPomazio said...

Hahaha. I remember the story.

Home on the Range said...

I like those, and I'm not that much into shoes. VERY nice.

Barkley said they look "tasty"

Anonymous said...

Cute pup, nice shoes. Did'ja get 'em at Atomic City? They look Atomic City-esque.

James

Unknown said...

I think that's the first pair I've seen that I can wear (since I'm a klutz in heels). Cute shoes!