Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Try the whine. It was a very good month.
I'll give it a 7, but I can't dance to it.

Planning my annual Christmas party for residents, recent high utilities and taxes have resulted in a drastically reduced budget for food/drinks/door prizes. This pains me. The people who have been such great and loyal tenants year 'round deserve a little token of esteem at the very least.

I called up people at several local arts, concert and sporting venues and got more than 3 dozen comped tickets for major events donated from these generous facilities. Thrilled that I'd be able to possibly have enough for everyone in attendance to win at least one pair of tickets, I crowed to the owner of the company, thinking he'd be pleased. He said "that's all very well, but please don't put your own name in the drawing."

Thank you, Captain Obvious!

Excuse me-- last I checked, I'm being compensated for my time and efforts. My concern was that the residents should feel we'd made some small effort to treat them to some enjoyable event to which they could take a pal or a significant other. Why, oh why would I want to horn in on the very gifts I sought to give them?

More disturbing, how can someone know me for this many years and be so obtuse as to think I would licentiously elbow in on goodies I actively sought for someone else? Then again, perhaps the only intention was to insult me.

Well done on that score.

13 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

As I've said before: ASSHOLE.
There's no cure for it, except maybe death.

DBA Dude said...

Sounds to me that it is the sort of thing that he would do and he is just transposing it to you.

As Christina said, asshole - and a very small minded one.

Old NFO said...

Idjit... good way to lose an employee :-)

MiniKat said...

To paraphrase Dennis Leary, he's an asshole.

Anonymous said...

Where I work you can't make the staff leave their names out of drawings (work with elderly). I would have thought it was obvious you don't do that.

Diane said...

My experience has been that the people who say things like that say them because that is they kind of thing THEY would do.

Anonymous said...

Well, YOU know what your intentions were, and his opinion can't change that.

HollyB said...

What a tool that sawed-off, senile, old bastard is!

aepilot_jim said...

"licentiously"? We've been reading our word of the day calender again, haven't we. ;-)

I agree, if he said it, its probably because it would be something he would do. Asshat.

Buck said...

It both pains and annoys me that people in management roles can be SO frickin' clueless.

I was pretty danged fortunate in my career(s) in that I only worked for one asshat, and that was for a relatively short time. That statement excludes all the colonels I worked for while in the AF, but being an asshole is a condition of employment for the rank/position of "colonel." And some senior NCOs, too. ;-)

Unknown said...

He probably got caught doing that and was scolded for it :) Last year, Ted's company through a pretty swanky Xmas party (semi-formal) and had some really nice door prizes. And I had to admit that I thought it was kind of crass to see the principal that already earns $175k+ winning items that he/she could've easily afforded themselves (rather than the underlings).

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Sheesh!

Captain Obvious - best name ever.

FatQuarterQuiltFarm said...

he's a veritable buttmunch ass weasel and......poopy....