Monday, December 15, 2008

Saturday I went to my shooty club to put my .38 through its paces. I stopped by the office to drop something off for the president which I had borrowed earlier.

A gentleman in the office said "hello. I enjoy your blog." I didn't see that coming. I gather my blog is just an occasional read, but it was flattering to hear someone say he was a lurker but enjoyed what I wrote. I'm very complimented and humbled that folks get enjoyment my humble scribblings, truly I am.

Anyway, have decided I need to shoot my .38 a lot more. It's become the gun my aim is worst with. I'm going to work on that, though. My ego won't let me just blow it off for a different gun so I'm just going to step up the practice. The good thing is that my aim is great with the Ruger Mk ii. I hate the sights on that one, but I'm adapting to them. It's like this big evil fishook sticking out on the end just waiting to snag something. Anyway, I didn't take targets or spray paint, so I found an unmolested steel plate and then practiced shooting a magazine first at 7 o'clock and then the next magazine at 4, then 9, etc. Found I was shooting pretty good groupings after the first couple magazines.

Must shoot more. It's good clean fun, even if I do get a little dirty.

6 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

Yay, you're famous!

I need to join the shooty parade/brigade. It'll be my New Year's resolution!

Thud said...

Well done that woman!

HollyB said...

You do know you can shoot the .22 in a match in the Novice class, right? I'llcome and support your morals.

Sigboy said...

Practice makes perfect. Oh, and I have a new line. I was talking with a lady the other day and asked if she shot. When she said no, I replied "You know, it;s not just for boys anymore!"
Not even a smile, I was heartbroken.

theirritablearchitect said...

Just excellent.

Taking up the pistol, all on your own, is a terrific accomplishment.

Practice often and with purpose.

NotClauswitz said...

.38 Special is a favorite of mine that fits in very nicely between .22 and .45 - and revolvers are so satisfyingly uncomplicated.