Friday, December 26, 2008


Sometimes you have a business lunch and you know that everything you say is golden, that you're hitting every line out of the park and your sparkling personality is winning friends and influencing people. You'll smile and laugh, twinkling like a leetle starrr. You'll flash your best big grin like that cheeseball guy in Die Hard. The folks around the table will smile and nod, laughing with you and not at you. Everything's coming up roses and such.
Sometimes, you've just got a big hunk of chipotle on your tooth.

Oh, rot.

6 comments:

alan said...

That's why I hide indoors and interact through the miraculous Internet.

phlegmfatale said...

alan - wise man!

Old NFO said...

Oh well, win some, lose the rest :-) Now a "good" date would have discreetly let you know :-)

Christina RN LMT said...

Braces just make it worse. And I'm sure you rocked, Chipotle notwithstanding!

Miz Minka said...

Ugh -- and nobody was kind enough to tell you. :(

I always tell people right away, 'cause I wish they'd do me the same kindness!

phlegmfatale said...

Old NFO - hee - well, actually, it was some other real estate people, and they're fun and I don't feel badly about it. They were probably splitting the atom wondering whether their own lipstick looked good or something.

Christina - Yeah, btdt on the braces. I got a good laugh out of it, actually!

Miz Minka - Oh, not a biggie. Now if it'd been a high-stakes sort of meeting, THEN I would have been a little more chagrined, but as it was, it was more funny than anything. :)