Friday, December 19, 2008

Once I was flying into London Gatwick around Christmas time. I'd goofed when making travel plans, bc Heathrow would have been closer to my UK destination. However, the scanners at Heathrow were going mad over Christmas pudding, and the sensors thought the dense cakes were plastique, or some such. Turned out it was faster getting in and out of Gatwick.
Speaking of Christmas pudding, here's a guy who sculpted a couple shrubs into a giant Christmas pudding. Yeah, it's silly, but it's kind of cute!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've gotta love the enthusiasm!!

Thud said...

I spent 8 hours a couple of weeks ago steaming christmas puddings...they had better be worth it.

phlegmfatale said...

kvegas911 - yeah, it's silly, but adorable!

Thud - good luck with them puddins!

Vinogirl said...

I love it when people take time to just do something fun...and I do like a little bit of Christmas pud!

Buck said...

Ya just gotta love the "two cultures separated by a common language" aspect, too. To wit:

Roger Holley’s garden in Yeovil, Somerset, has a giant Christmas pud made of two conifers.

I get an entirely different mental image from that statement! ;-)

Old NFO said...

Funny! And I really don't like them... sigh...