Friday, July 12, 2013

everyone in my micro is pre-nursing major

One of my current classmates sat right next to me in A&P II, but it's a little funny that I didn't know she was pre-nursing.  She's young and obviously quite bright.  Her lab table was full when I entered the room and I sat at the next table before I realized I recognized her.  Before the teacher came in, her table and mine were engaging in open discussion of what they'd heard about requirements for different programs.  One of the girls said that the GPA requirement for the dental hygiene class was a 2.5.  A stunned silence seemed to sweep the group. 

Then I quipped "...so we've all got a good back-up, right?"  Much laughter.

File under academic snobbery

Actually, one of my most clearly brilliant classmates in A&P I and II wanted to be a dental hygienist.  I ain't knocking it.

2 comments:

Jedi Master Ivyan said...

It's a job someone has to do and a damned tedious one at that.

Vinogirl said...

I'd personally prefer that anybody working on any part of my body came with a higher GPA :)