Friday, April 24, 2009

Last day on the job...

Leaving this place is easy, really, but I didn't think I'd feel emotional about any of it. In truth, I'm so excited about waking up Sunday morning in my new home. The new job will be a nice change of pace, too, and I'll be living near dear friends and starting a new life. It's gonna be great.

Thursday afternoon was stressful. I was tied up with worky headaches on property and I came back to the office to wrap up, and found the following message in my email:

I heard that tomorrow is your last day with us at Phlegm Gardens*. I have known you for very little time but I know you have put in some time at the property. As a short time resident I want you to know that you are so great and we are losing a great manager. I am so sad that you are going but know that the future is a bright happy place with you and your new road! Take care and please be safe on your drive to your new home!!!!
Thank you again for all your help!!



What's that in my eyes? Why is my nose tingling?

omg. Typing this Thursday afternoon. One of my residents just came in to wish me well and thank me for everything. There go the waterworks.


*not really the name of the place. Ahem.

5 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

Awwwww, Phlegmmy! It's totally understandable that you get a little choked up under the circumstances...but you'll be yelling a lusty "Yee-hah!" out the window of the U-Haul as Dallas dwindles behind you.

Liz said...

What a nice note! And says it all - sad, but glad, Thank you but best wishes on the new - Nice!

And best, best wishes from Montana for this weekend - Looking forward to the first post from the new digs!

drjim said...

See...your most important "customers" know how valuable you are!
Enjoy the new place, and sooner or later you'll be able to look back at the old one with a sense of humor.

HollyB said...

FWIW, I think "Phlegm Gardens" is a more appropriate name for the property. You were the heart of that place, you deserved MUCH better treatment than what you were given by NH.

Cliff47 said...

The real payoff with this job is the interaction with your rental community. Remember them fondly.