Six things about me
1. I had a kitten when I was 3 and it disappeared one day. At the corner of the street was a mailbox, and I asked the mailman every day if he would look in there for my kitty. I already know what you're going to say about this one.
2. Despite any typos you see here, I have excellent manual dexterity, and love doing things with my hands like needlework, beadwork and sewing.
3. I once made an alien autopsy kit out of papier-maiche for a friend's birthday. To get the goodies out, he had to make the Y autopsy incision in the 4' long green alien. I know - sick. But funny.
4. I have a collection of airline barf bags. Crown jewels of the collection are Sabena and Pan Am (sadly defunct) and Aeroflot. I also have a mad passion for collecting floaty pens.
5. I trained as a classical vocalist in college and dreamed of becoming an opera singer. I still would like to, but I believe the professional realm kills the joy of any art. I practically have to sit on my hands when watching operas live - I always want to run up on stage and help out
(right : the immaculate Edita Gruberova as Queen of the Night in Mozart's Magic Flute, a role I would have sung)
6. Since I was a tiny girl I've always been able to strike up a conversation with just about anyone I see. I'm friendly, but can turn on a dime. If provoked, I can be incredibly intimidating. Cowardice is something I don't understand, and my blood boils when I see someone bullying other people