Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Milling through the grinder. Grinding through the mill.

I'm SOOOO glad I took time to kick up my heels this past weekend. It's 1:03AM and I just did a few extra hours since 10:00 PM. I thought I could pop in for about an hour and get some paperwork done without the phones ringing, and I was right. The OCD part of me, though, doesn't like to pinch it off, but prefers to grind through all of it and leave nothing undone. Silly me- mine is a Sisyphean task if ever there was one. Knock one of them down, and another sets itself up. 12 hour days this summer will be the norm, and not the exception.

Speaking of repetition into maddening dullness, I'm getting cussed out a lot lately. A soft answer may turn away wrath, but I find it's more pissy-offy for the more irrational ranters, so I'm way more prone to not rise to the occasion. My favorite is "yes, sir. You've already said that." I'm a pleaser. I love making people happy, and I take a lot of pride in a job well done. Some people, though, have issues, either with expectations or a basic lack of grasp of how things work in the big scary world.

I can only do my job. I can't fix their heads. Besides-- I just did 3 hours of overtime by choice. I have issues of my own, clearly.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

OCD is right... but it's a 'good' OCD :-)