Sunday, May 09, 2010

Sunday, Puppy Sunday: How to save OODLE$ on your pet flea treatments

Last week, the delightful Miz Minka posted a bit on how to save a lot of money on your pet flea treatments if you use Advantage.

Do note the disclaimer - The following information applies ONLY to Advantage for dogs and cats, NOT K9 Advantix or Advantage Multi. Always check with your vet first before giving your pet any medication, topical or otherwise.

This makes a lot of sense to me, and saves a few cents in the process. I'm going to give this a whirl and see how it works for my poochies. Have a lovely Sunday and give lots of loving to your fur babies this Mother's day.

Hmm... come to think of it, Praline hasn't bought me diamonds since 2008... ...and she's usually so thoughtful. I did tell her that next time, she has to get mommy the matching earrings. *snerk*

2 comments:

Keads said...

I don't currently have a dog, that was the one thing I really missed in the divorce. I hated giving up that dog! But I will get one soon.

Pol Mordreth said...

Be careful with this, phlegmmy....

The active ingredient in Advantage breaks down relatively rapidly after you break open the vial. If you were to buy a medium dog vial and split it between all your dogs at the same time, this works, but this stuff won't last long on the shelf. It has a hydrolysis half life of approximately 30 days, and it also has to be protected from light, as the photolysis half life is less than one hour.

Regards,
Pol