Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday, Puppy Sunday 15 Feb 09



Praline and Chuy sack out utterly, but I can only snap one photo before they are on to me. Sometimes I don't even get one photo of them in repose before they prick up their ears and wonder what silliness I am up to and whether it may involve food or treats or other good things. After all, I am their benevolent dictator. Or their slave, depending on the situation.



Here there were napping on Saturday, and one click of the phone camera and they perked up enough to watch me. This makes me wonder if they are ever fully asleep. Look how Praline's back right leg is raised, poised to spring into action, suddenly. Also, Chuy's ear is now more cupped to catch soundwaves, as opposed to the floppy sandman-may-care position of his ears in the first photo.



This is kind of cool because you can see how Chuy's chassis is just a smidge longer than Praline's. He's about 12 pounds now, and she's about 15, but her legs are twice as long so it all evens out in the wash.

Praline likes a tiny bit of affection every so often, but Chuy is a total LUV-sponge. He's a dandy boy. Good puppies. Mostly.

7 comments:

g bro said...

It's a mom-puppy love fest! Have a good Sunday!

J.R.Shirley said...

My mom said the same thing of me when I was little- that I soaked up love like a sponge. It's neat to see the progression visually, from full-stop to preparatory.

Anonymous said...

Alan said I should send this link to you. :-)

http://www.fukung.net/v/10187/577bdd73c17cfe61325cf7be96279a8b.jpg

Old NFO said...

Puppy love! Totally unconditional :-)

Vinogirl said...

Cute babies. I cannot imagine a life without pups :)

phlegmfatale said...

g bro - it was a good day for mums'n'pups. :)

JR Shirley - That makes sense- some of the most bad-assed men are some of the most cuddly. Yeah, I thought I caught something there you might like to see. It usually happens and goes away too quickly for me to snap it.!

Yuri - LOVE that puppeh! Super cute!

Old NFO - Pups will always be a joy in the world. :)

Vinogirl - Thanks - and me too. Dogs are fab things. Better, even, than shoes. Wait? I didn't just say that out loud, did I?

Anonymous said...

Can't you rig your camera for silent running?