Tuesday, January 27, 2004

I have sort of accepted a job helping out in an office, and I am wondering what the fuck I have gotten myself into. I detest boring busy work, and I fear I am going to have that shit aplenty dumped in my lap for the scant hours I will be working. I will only be working two afternoons a week as a relief for the full-timer at the office, and it will be a challenge to keep the bullshit at arm's length. You WILL be hearing about it, no doubt. Work starts at 1pm tomorrow. I dread it, but I need furniture for my work studio and for organizing the apartment. I'm the classic creative type who loves disarray--sometimes when things are a jumble I see unexpected combinations of elements that are brilliant, and that is vital to keeping my creations fresh, in my opinion. On the other hand, I have never in my life had adequate storage for all clothing, shoes, etc, and the clutter of this apartment is actually beginning to wear on me. Wish me luck.

No comments: