Thursday, November 01, 2007

Jonathan Coulton (contributor to Popular Science magazine) wrote Skullcrusher Mountain about an evil genius in love. Quite melodic with a diabolical edge. Me likee. Me likee long time.

Enjoy.




I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you
But I get the feeling that you don’t like it
What’s with all the screaming?
You like monkeys, you like ponies
Maybe you don’t like monsters so much
Maybe I used too many monkeys
Isn’t it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?


Another personal favorite by JC is I Feel Fantastic, a ditty about a heavily-medicated life.

All I know is that steak tastes better
When I take my "Steak Tastes Better" pill

5 comments:

DBA Dude said...

Every Evil Genius needs an Igor (or two) in his secret laboratory.

Cool vid and song.

Anonymous said...

Next time he comes through Texas, go see him. We saw him in Austin a few weeks ago, and I was blown away. It was the one of the best shows I've ever seen, right up there with a couple of Townes Van Zandt gigs and Tom Waits.

James

Christina RN LMT said...

Laughed my ass off!

I think I like "I Feel Fantastic" a wee bit better, though.

John R said...

I found one that used Gogol Bordello.

This is one of the cool things about visiting Fatal Abstraction, expanding my horizons in music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oynHMmq8PBA

phlegmfatale said...

dba dude - glad you liked it

james - dagnabbit - I WOULD find this guy two weeks after he blew through town - yeah, I'll definitely catch his clever show next time

christina - Yeah, I like that one better, but I love the menacing evil genius, especially the lines
I'm so into you
but I'm way too smart for you.

I know what that feels like

jr - wow! Thanks for that link - it's a great setting of that song. Me like!