Wednesday, November 07, 2007


...in which House of Givenchy mercilessly strums the heartstrings of my inner pimp and plays foolish games with my affections, rendering Givenchy worthy of a sound flogging with the back of a hairbrush...





Goodness gracious me. These are just delicious, if I do say so myself. I also have to say these shoes are several varieties of wrong for me, but I like 'em anyway. Cruel world. I'm thinking of Vanessa Redgrave in Blowup, for some reason...




THESE... on the other hand [or foot, as it were] are just about my speed - I could totally rock these funky zebra-action ponyhide hidden platform shoes. Yeah, they're made from the hide of a pony, and I've been sporting a cellophane Easter-grass-green ponyhide handbag nonstop for the past week. What's up with equine creatures having to die for my shoes and handbags, lately? I dunno. Whatever it is, I'm kind of okay with it. Better the horsies should end up on my feet or my arm than in my enchiladas. I don't think that's too much to ask. Honestly, I'm honoring the wretched beast.


Take that, PETA bitches.

17 comments:

DBA Dude said...

OK, I give up what is "Whip stitch detail"? tried looking in their glossary but it was not there.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, aren't they?

What's a zebra or 2 anyway?

phlegmfatale said...

dba dude - "whip stitch detail" is the bold black hash-mark stitches around the bottom of the uppers. Whip stitches can be used to lightly stitch something together until it is stitched more substantially, and often they are used merely as decoration, as in this case.

lainy - yup. they's purty. Zebra, schmebra. The earth must be shod!

Anonymous said...

My feet hurt just looking at those. Heard an ad for beer that said something about lookin at an exotic animal and thinking it would look better with my foot in its butt, or some such silliness. I thought of you. A

phlegmfatale said...

Sis - AWWWW! That's one of the sweetest things you've ever said to me! I hope the exotic animal was an endangered species???

phlegmfatale said...

I'm thinking: bald eagle flip-flops.

Anonymous said...

Dead coyote on the road down the street, want me to go get it for ya? You could make alot of crap and its already been kilt. I got some rope, could tie it to my MINI spoiler and drag it here. After all, who here anong us hasn't used our vehicles as carcus transport?

phlegmfatale said...

"After all, who here anong us hasn't used our vehicles as carcus transport?"

No one I'd want to know, my dear. No one I'd want to know.

Anonymous said...

sorry, among.

Christina RN LMT said...

Damn.

I wonder how many foot/shoe fetishists lurk here daily, just in the hopes of striking gold with your awesome posts.

Sweet shoes, but oh, my achin' feet!

And fuck PETA, sideways.
And the horse (ha!) they rode in on.

Anonymous said...

You'd need a damn step ladder to get in those things.

But I agree with the PETA. Should that stand for People Eat The Animals?

Anonymous said...

Or maybe Please Eat The Animals?

DAMN said...

Beautiful! I just purchased a Beluga Whale winter coat, hat and glove set. I'm very warm this season.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Both pairs are totally adorable! I wonder if I could slip my orthodocs into the top pair?

Lin said...

Ohhh ... I DO so like that top pair of metallics! Then again, the high ankle strap would make my legs look like something holding up a Steinway. But I can still dream.

B said...

I prefer the horses on my feet and in my belly. Those pumps are tremendous.
I just had my kitchen cabinets lined in kitten fur...you know..to keep the scotch warm.

phlegmfatale said...

a - knew what you meant

christina - well, if they're lurking, the sure are quiet about it!

myron - People Eating Tasty Animals

mechuahua - I've heard all the cool kids will have that set. Congrats on your impeccable taste, darling.

barbara - tee hee. It'd be interesting to find out

lin - *L* well, as I said, they are wrong for me on several levels, alas. Then again, they 'spensive, and high-toned footwear is not in the budget in the immediate future. Unless, of course, one of those shoe fetish lurkers want to buy them for me.

b - My kind of gal. Yeah, the pumps are delctable. Lucky kitten furs!