Tuesday, November 13, 2007

...in which the world turns backward on its access... [yes, that was the champagne typing. Decided to leave it in, anyway. Bath time, darlings!]


In the 43rd reprise of her emo-girlie turn à la Beetlejuice, Winona Ryder promises to do what she did for the Alien™ franchise and work her automaton magic in an upcoming Star Trek flick in which she'll play the mother of young Spock.

On the up side, the ever fetching Simon Pegg will play young Scotty. (wtf?!!???!?!?!) That's an oggity-oggity-oggity bit of casting if I ever saw it, but I'll take Simon Pegg as Uhura, dressed and fileted with a side of ramps, if that's the way he's presented. Call me open-minded.

Except about the Winona Ryder part. Understand that I do actually like WR, I just find her so positively wooden onscreen. I long to be surprised.

7 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Simon Pegg as young Scotty? That's actually pretty brilliant! And I am so with you on Simon's charms, as he is my boyfriend as well.

Christina RN LMT said...

Well, if Winona could've been cast as Spock's FATHER, her woodeness would have positively been an asset.

I heard the guy who plays baddie Sylar on Heroes will be young Spock.

DBA Dude said...

So the tradition of casting Scotty with a non Scot continues - quelle surprise.

As for WR it could have been worse, they could have cast the even more wooden IKEA Knightley!

DAMN said...

The only role Winona deserves is maybe a cameo as an asteroid.

suspiciously pleased said...

like you, i would lake lil' Simon in any way, shape, or form . . . rrrrrooooaaawwwRRRR!

Meg said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that get Keira Knightley and Winona confused. I thought Winona was trying to reinvent herself - though I take it there's a bit of age difference.

phlegmfatale said...

barbara - yay, more Simon P!

christine - inspired casting, that would be!

dba dude - IKEA Knightly wouldn't be wood - she be compressed particle board - a cheap imitation of a cheap imitation.

mechuachua - he shoots: he scores!

suspiciously pleased - I fear a tussle will erupt at any moment

meg - *L* yeah, I never thought of it before, but they are similarly lifeless.