Friday, November 23, 2007

Dateline: Texarkana

Staying at a motel on the Arkansas side, which is $15 more expensive than the motel room of the same chain across the road on the Texas side. Plumb tuckered out.

I made a couple cakes which seemed warmly received by family. Thanksgiving was nice and I got to see my siblings and parents, and didn't have to see any beastly people, so that was nice.

Highlight activity of the holiday was definitely shooting blow-darts, and I plan to order my own blow-dart setup as soon as I come home to Texas in a few days. I wowed the relatives with my style and accuracy. All those years of musical training finally paid big dividends when I managed to bury the darts in styrofoam, running through in some cases. (good breath control) How have I lived on this planet so long without experiencing the joy of blow-darts? Y'all oughta check it out.
_______________________

I saw an episode of Modern Marvels this week on cheese, and it made me remember my brilliant ideer for a cottage industry: a woolery/fromagerie (cheese-making outfit) supplied by angora bunnies. OK, that's sorta a joke, and sorta not. Sometime in the very near future, you'll hear of rabbit cheese sellng for $23/pound at Dean & DeLuca and you'll say "phlegmmy was spot-on & shoulda done that rabbit thingy."

Heather Mills-McCartney has gone off the deeper end of the deep end by suggesting humans wean off cow milk and to instead drink cat, dog and rat milk, since these animals exist in abundance. Seriously.

Paul McCartney has a net worth of 1.6 billion GBP. Her divorce case is requesting a settlement of 100 million pounds, but he's offered 50 million. Frankly, I think he needs to pony up the extra 50 million just to get his surname off her stationery. It'd be money well-spent.

That, of course, is not to say that I don't think he's a fruit-bat, too.

10 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

Make sure you make the poisoned blow-darts a different color, so you don't get them confused with the ones that are au naturel...

Glad you had fun! Happy (belated) Thanksgiving!

Attila the Mom said...

Oy yeck. How many cats would it take to fill up a pail of milk? LOL

Anonymous said...

I saw that cheese episode also. Enjoyed it as well.

I agree with ya, Paul should pay to take his name back. She's an idiot.

Blow darts. Boy, could I have some fun around here, but then they may think I need a padded cell afterwards. Hee hee ;)

DBA Dude said...

Sounds like it was a grand gathering of the clans.

HMM is more than a few screws short of sanity (say more like 2 tons). She was all over the media a couple of weeks back ranting about being suicidal because of the media.

breda said...

I've often considered blow-(tranquilizer)darts for the library.

NotClauswitz said...

I heard about that Mills-McCartney chick's statement and Paul should sue her for really being a 'tard.

Lin said...

Whoa ... sounds like you could do a supreme 'hawk-a-looie' too with that kind of training and control. I always envied kids who could clear their shoes because I never could - even to this very day.

I saw Sir Mc in a recent AARP mag. You need to submit that photo to that 'men who look like old lesbos' site. I kid you not.

Lin said...

Oh, and I can't deal with the mental image of quaint Vermont dairy rabbit farms unless they genetically super-size those black and white jobbies. Of course they'd have to build taller unhoppable fences, especially near the Interstate. There's a lot of pricey logistics to consider here before we hop in with all four feet.

FHB said...

My dad got me a cool blowgun some time in the early 70s. It was segmented, so my buds and I would break it down into two blowguns and shoot darts at stuff. My sister had one of those wigs that girls had in the late 60s to make their hair taller. It sat on a Styrofoam head. We used to pepper that head with darts. Fun as hell. One day, as my buddy reached to get a dart, I accidentally sank one in the back of his hand. He went running home crying and that was the end of the blowgun, for a while.

g bro said...

Those cows seemed fairly abundant in East Texas this week. Something about 60" of rain to make the grass grow to make the cows grow. But I'll leave Heather to milking her rats.